Cruise Countdown Tickers

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Today is a wonderfully frigid (roughly 30ish outside) and rainy day, and I'm just trying to get through the work day so I can get home & make a fire. I know it's strange, but I do adore weather like this & its probably only because we don't get it very often. All we usually get is heat, sun, and humidity so thick you can barely take a deep breath. Those days are not far off, so I'm going to savor every second of a day like today.

While at work, I had the pleasure of stumbling across a video that made me laugh on YouTube. I know at this point, that might make you question my productivity at work, but I promise my work did not suffer because of this small break in my day. If any of you watch The Soup on E!, you already know that Joel McHale is very funny (and adorable). He made this video even funnier than it already was on it's own, which takes talent. Looky here:


Ahhh, awesomeness. It's the little things that get you through the day, right? I hope, with that, I helped spread some sunshine to all of those out there complaining that we don't have any today. And I heard lots of you throughout the day.

In other news, the knee brace is working well, and I resumed my ass-crack-of-dawn workout regimen yesterday. It has seemed to cut down on pain throughout the day, post-workout, so I will keep wearing it like a good little girl. My first physical therapy appointment is February 2, and I'm hoping my knee responds to it as well as it has to the brace. There's a glimmer of hope for no surgery - hooray!

Aaron and the little one are doing quite well, no major events to speak of. Z's teacher informed me last Friday that the flu is going around his school, so not to be shocked should he be stricken down. Greeeeeeat. [knocking on wood] He had three kids absent from his class yesterday, so it's moving fast. Please let us be spared!

I'm still planning on doing my 2008 recap blog, but just haven't had the kind of time I need to get it done. Hopefully soon! I usually take full advantage of Friday nights, because Z crashes early from his day at school & Aaron closes, but this Friday won't work. We are going to a party for Aaron's BFF who is celebrating his birthday & his recent divorce. I know it sounds callous, but if you knew his ex-wife for even one microsecond, you would be there helping him celebrate. Point being, I will hopefully find some time soon to run down the events and happenings that shaped our 2008.

Three things I'm grateful for today:

1. Heat. (Hey, I like cold weather, but I'm not stupid.)
2. Amber surprising me with lunch.
3. DVR. It comes in handy when you have to be in bed by 9:00pm.

Peace & pastries, folks.

1 comment:

LHB said...

Ok, I'm still catching up on reading your blog, but does BFF and ex-wife refer to the people I think it does?! WOW, I never thought that would happen!