Cruise Countdown Tickers

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Blah

Not too much to say this go round, but thought I'd stop by and check in.  We just got back from a quick, previously-unplanned trip to Target.  See, Amy & I went to see Becca today (for the first time since her surgery, long story if you don't already know it) and she gave me Z's Christmas present.  It was a gift card to Target, so we had to help the little guy out & run him over there after dinner.  That card was going to burn a hole in his pocket if he was forced to hang on to it, plus, I don't think Aaron or I have ever NOT wanted to browse Target.  Anyway, moral of the story, he's got two new Christmas presents, and I am going on the hunt for the a-hole who made those twisty-tie things on toys.  My fingers still hurt from undoing about 70 of them, per figure.

Tomorrow, Zach apparently has a class picture that will be taken (why they didn't take this when they did school pictures, I will never understand).  Aaron and I can't help but see this as a money grab, so we're not going to be buying this $12.00 picture.  I already have pictures of all the kids, and it won't matter in a few years anyway, because half the kids will probably have gone on to other schools.  Aaron has picked out a super-cute outfit for him to wear, so it is slightly tempting, but nah.  I think we'll skip this one.  We're only in kindergarten and I'm already wearing thin of the $10.00 or $12.00 here & there for little things every other week.  Oh, the boring tribulations of my week, no?

I'm going to be putting together a sort of "2008 - year in review" with photos and such pretty soon, so stay tuned.  Otherwise, I just don't have much to talk about or comment on tonight.  It's been a pretty mundane couple of days, but I'm not complaining.  As long as we have no trips to the ER and no tragedies, I'm good.

The 3 things I'm thankful for today:

1.  Target gift cards.
2.  Aaron doing boring housework on his day off.
3.  Cold weather that has lasted longer than 2 days in a row.

Aaron and I started watching "The DaVinci Code" last night before bed (yes, that's how behind we are in movies), but we couldn't make it through the whole thing.  I'm off to watch another chunk of it now.  Until next time ...

No comments: