Cruise Countdown Tickers

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Aleve is my BFF

My knee isn't getting any better.  It did for a few days, but has gone back to burning and throbbing, once more.  I didn't work out this morning, for fear of pissing it off further, and I probably won't tomorrow, either.  This is throwing a huge kink in my grand master plan for a kick-ass physique by the end of this year.  Not to mention strengthening my endurance so I can run the Susan G. Komen race this year, instead of run-walk.  Grrrrrrr.  I hate when life throws curve balls.

Every time I try to play-off gimping past Aaron, he tells me to go the doctor.  (Guess I wouldn't make a good crippled person if I were an actress.)  I hate to do this, because I don't know if I can take another doctor telling me I'm fat.  Yes, I had an actual physician tell me that five years ago when my knee began to ache consistently.  Calm down though people, he was right.  Granted I am not your textbook "fat" person, I was overweight back then because I had just given birth about 9 months prior, and was still carrying around an extra 35 pounds.  Since then, though, I've gone down nearly three sizes, and only have an extra 15 pounds or so that are clinging to me like grim death.  I honestly don't think this is the same scenario.  But, I still hesitate just a little, as any woman in her right mind would, because I don't want to hear those words again.  I know that's a moronic reason to walk around in pain, so I'll get over it and go see someone eventually.  I'm actually more worried now, because when I went five years ago, it only ached.  These days, it's swollen, squishing, sort of clicking underneath the skin, and burning.  Gah.

So, I will go back to elevating it now, and maybe reading a bit.  I'll also be secretly hoping it my knee will miraculously heal itself, and pray that I don't ever have to have surgery on it again.  The things I'm grateful for today:

1.  Aleve.
2.  Lo Mein.
3.  The public library.

Crap!  It's 9:20pm, which means Top Chef has been on for 20 minutes!  I'm off!

*puff of smoke, where Phyllis used to be, though she's hobbling to the tv set instead of dashing*


4 comments:

Becca or Cori depending :) said...

Go to the Dr Phyl. I have a few I can send ya too. Ha!

Mary said...

I've got to agree with Becca and Aaron. You've got to get this looked at. It could get a lot worse if you don't. :(

jglitter said...

I like the new design! Hope you feel better soon.

jill

LHB said...

I hope your knee feels better soon! What a bummer!