Cruise Countdown Tickers

Friday, January 23, 2009

Doctor visit

Had my knee appointment today, and got what I think is probably the best news I could expect to get.  He said that it appears my old knee injury has been stirred up a little by my constant working out.  As most of you know, I took a break from consistent workouts for oh, about a DECADE, so this is my knee's opinion of the whole situation.  (I'm getting the kneecap equivalent to the finger, essentially.)  Anyway, he prescribed me some physical therapy, and if my knee doesn't respond to the PT, then we'll discuss MRI's and a 2nd surgery.  Oh, and he also gave me this new, sexy knee brace:


Hot, right?  Ugh.  I'm not sure it could be more uncomfortable, but he wants me to wear it when I work out, or when I'm going to be doing anything that I think might aggravate my knee.  Hence the reason I had it on tonight, while on the ground playing Transformers with the kid.  I found him a hideout/camp-out type deal on clearance at Target, of course, Transformers themed, and he flipped.  He wanted me to share in the fun and get in it too, which was interesting.

Photobucket
The thing itself.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Z, transforming.

Photobucket
The end result of said transforming.

So, all in all, it was good news because I don't have to have surgery now.  It was slightly crappy news, because surgery might still be in my future, but we'll just wait and see what happens.  No need to stress about it now, when I could be using that energy in physical therapy.

I have to note a really cool thing that took place this week.  I stumbled across an old cousin of mine from Michigan on Facebook.  We haven't spoken for 25 years, and all of a sudden, there he was.  It amazed me and proved, once again, what a small world we live in.  I wrote him a message, he responded, and we've chatted online twice this week for a few hours each time.  We're slowly getting to know each other again, and it's wild.  The wildest part about it is he now lives in Dallas.  Over two decades have gone by, and it turns out he's only been three hours away from me for the last nine years.  Life is strange and amazing.  I'm glad we've reconnected.

The three things I'm grateful for today:

1.  Facebook.  Never thought I'd say that.
2.  Clearance items at Target.
3.  Co-pays versus straight-up medical bills.

Peace & pastries.

No comments: