Cruise Countdown Tickers

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Winding down

Today is coming to a close, and I just wanted to jump on while Z is in the tub, and Aaron's reading, and I still have one hour before our Sunday night show starts (Dexter).  It was freaking HOT today (nearly 80 degrees), but still a great day!

We started out slow, just playing and hanging out.  Then, around 2:30pm, Becca's Dad popped over dressed as Santa to drop off a note for Zach.  You see, he was actually making the rounds with a bunch of other people's kids too, and bringing gifts, but we know Zach and it's better if he just sees Santa from afar.  Santa is like a rock star to him - he would clam up and just stare, open  mouthed.  So, I devised a plan where Zach, me, Aaron, & Elijah would be in the backyard, and Santa would come into our house unannounced.  I would notice him walking around, tell Zach to run over and look through the windows, and then Santa would walk out when he was done.  

It worked like a DREAM!  

I told Zach I saw the door open & asked him if he could tell who came in?  Was it Ken?  His eyes got big and he just looked at me in utter shock.  I was like, "Oh my God Zach, that's SANTA!  IN OUR HOUSE!"  He got shy & awestruck, even through the windows, but I got him to keep watching.  "Santa" meandered into the kitchen, then back to the bedrooms, then went to the front door to leave.  Right before he left, he stopped, turned around & leaned past our enormous Christmas tree, and waved right at Zach.  It was precious.  Then he turned and left out the front door, leaving Zach completely stunned and speechless.  Awesome!  We then ran into the house, retracing Santa's steps to see what he left behind, and found a note up on his bed.  Zach was bouncing off the walls after all this went down, and has been carrying his note around with him all afternoon & evening.  This worked out so well!  He even wrote Santa a letter back, and asked me to keep it safe until we put cookies out for Santa on Christmas Eve.  It said "Dear Santa, Thank you for your note.  Love you, Zach."  Awwwww.  I'm so glad Becca has this wonderful idea, so glad her Dad dressed up in a full Santa suit on an 80 degree day, and so glad Zach believed.  This may be the last year he believes, so I'm glad it was magical for him.  Becca, you & your Dad ROCK!!

Guess I will go for now, and get Zach's bedtime routine going.  Here are the things I was thankful for today:

1.  Becca's Dad.
2.  Air conditioning.
3.  Christmas!

Peace & pastries to all.

1 comment:

Becca or Cori depending :) said...

It was fun! I hope he still believes next year!