Cruise Countdown Tickers

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Acid reflux sucks

Hello everyone!  I didn't post yesterday, because there really wasn't much to post about.  It was a gray, cold, somewhat drizzly day with nothing huge to speak of.  

Photobucket
Downtown yesterday, on my way to go pick up Z from school.

Photobucket
On Mopac.  It was gray everywhere.

Last night we made our annual trip to The Christmas Store on I-35, and we felt bad because we usually do it much earlier in the season.  Well, going "late" worked in our favor, because everything in the store was 50% off - yay for sales!  We all usually pick out one ornament, because they're rather pricey, but this year we all picked out two.  Maybe we'll wait again next year?

Today was a repeat of yesterday, minus the trip to get ornaments, and plus a horrid case of acid reflux.  Aaron had a really busy, draining day at work, I had a draining day once I got home.  We came home and my old-man dog had left a gift for me, and by gift I mean a horse pile of mud-like poo.  He's usually very good about being home alone, especially for his age, but I guess today he just couldn't hold it until we got home.  [sigh]  So, after I picked up crap & scrubbed the carpet, I made him go outside to go potty because Z and I had to make a run to Hobby Lobby.  Once I was in the backyard, I came upon an empty, crinkled beer can from my redneck, coon-ass, Aggie neighbors behind me.  These jerks are famous in the summers for having get-togethers almost every Saturday night (guess that's Nascar season) and they throw beer caps or cans over the fence.  Lovely, isn't it?  We always throw them back over, but they're too drunk to notice.  After finding the beer can and getting frustrated, I stepped in poo on my way back to the house.  Gah!  We came inside, I got new shoes, then gathered our things to leave for Hobby Lobby.  I stopped at the front door to change the countdown we have hanging of days until Christmas 

(here's a photo for reference:) 
Photobucket

and the strap unraveled on my camera, causing my new baby to go crashing to the ground.  I watched it bounce on the porch, because the front door was already open.  I literally almost burst into tears.  GAH!  It sucked the oxygen right out of my body, and I just stood there staring at it for a good 30 seconds before reaching down to survey the damage.  Even Zach stood there, mouth agape, wondering if he was about to see his Mom lose her mind.  Luckily, my camera is fine and is still working properly.  Guess I need to figure out my strap better?!!

Now, Z's in bed and Mommy & Daddy are winding down from the stress of the day.  It's about Top Chef time, so I will wrap this up.  Here are two random photos from today:

Photobucket
Z thought it was so cool that this bird was sitting so high up on this tree.

Photobucket
Z and his class' stuffed animal, Scoops.

Today, I'm grateful for:

1.  Broccoli cheese soup.
2.  Well-built cameras.  (eek!)
3.  Fried potatoes.

More tomorrow.  Peace & pastries everyone.

1 comment:

Becca or Cori depending :) said...

You had better not break that bad boy before we have a camera date!