Cruise Countdown Tickers

Monday, December 22, 2008

Three days till Christmas

Today was quite the "Monday".  Started with Zach throwing up all over his bed & his pillows around 12:30am.  After the big clean-up, we were about to go to bed ourselves, and he threw up again a little after 1:00am.  He had a fever at this point as well, so I gave him some meds for the nausea, as well as the fever, and sent him back off to sleep.  He slept with Aaron in our bed & I took the sofa, since his bed was drying out from the big post-puke scrubbing.  Needless to say, it was a tiring night.  The last time I looked at the clock was 1:50am and I winced, knowing my alarm was going off in less than 4 hours.  Today actually didn't kick my ass nearly as much as I thought it would, but it's creeping up on me now.

[yawn]

I'm happy to report that Zach threw up for the last time around 5:00am, and broke his fever after he woke up.  When asked how he's feeling, he has said "blah" or "tired", so he's obviously not 100% yet, but things are looking up.  I feel bad for the kid ... he got through a terrible cold about two weeks ago, then had two good days before his ear infection popped up.  We got him through that with about six good days, now this.  We're praying he'll be well for Christmas, since we know how much he's been looking forward to it the past few weeks.  

I baked a little tonight, for a few of my neighbors.  They were vanilla cupcakes with red & green jimmies in the batter, then vanilla frosting.  It looks like mint, but it's not.

Photobucket

Photobucket

After I finished baking, Zach wanted to go look at Christmas lights again tonight, so we piled into the car for a short ride to one of them "fancy" neighborhoods.  The wealthy folks did not disappoint ...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This was a live nativity scene.  Goats and all.

He was his old self on the drive, cracking jokes and enjoying the lights everyone had up.  You could tell he was tired, but that is to be expected after a night of throwing up & choppy sleep.

So, I'm off to bed myself, and tomorrow is my last work day for the week.  (Yay!)  Put in a good word for Z tonight, if you say your prayers.  The poor kid has been battling some sort of germ for weeks now - it'd be nice if he felt genuinely good on that one day every little person waits for all year long.  Here are the things I was grateful for today:

1.  A hot shower.
2.  My warm coat.
3.  Zach feeling better so quickly after the whole ordeal began.

Peace & pastries to all.

No comments: