Cruise Countdown Tickers

Thursday, December 4, 2008

I ... got ... a ... new ... camera!!!!

Holy crap!  FINALLY, right?!  I have spared you of all the recent arguing & anguish between me & Conn's, so I won't get into it now.  Let's just say it looked very grim before things turned around.  Thanks to my amazing husband, and his apparent mind-control over Conn's employees to get them to cooperate, I have a new baby.  And I hate to say it, because I feel I'm betraying my first camera love, but it's even better than my old one.  May my first camera rest in peace.

Here are some stock photos of my new baby:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

[swooning]

I am ecstatic.  Overjoyed.  Euphoric.  I have a lot to read in the booklet, but it's a welcomed challenge.  The technical name is a Sony Alpha DSLR A300K Digital SLR Camera with Super SteadyShot Image Stabilization with DT-18-70mm f/3.5-5.6 Zoom Lens, but I'll just keep calling it my new baby.  I'm so happy right now, I could pee.

I am waiting for it's battery to charge up, which takes six hours for a full charge, so I won't be able to experiment with it until tomorrow.  Aaron & Zach are going out in the evening together to shop for my birthday present, so I'll have time to really focus on playing with it then.  I told them they didn't need to get me ANYTHING - this was gift enough!  But, they insisted on one more thing, so who am I to say no?  I will post some my trial pics over the weekend.

Now, moving on to Z's new bed.  Here are the pictures I never posted from that evening:

Photobucket
Aaron, working diligently on his project.

After putting the entire frame together, Aaron realized we put it together backwards.  The only indicator we had was this microscopic sticker that simply said "FRONT".  I took a picture of it by itself, then a picture of it next to my thumb, so you could understand how tiny this thing was:

Photobucket

Photobucket

So, we took everything apart & basically started over.  THAT was frustrating.  Afterward though, we put the mattress on & let Z jump up there, and he was quite happy with the end result:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Noticing the popcorn ceiling for the first time.

Photobucket
The finished product.

Photobucket
Close-up of his desk.

Photobucket
Another shot.

Photobucket
The matching dresser drawers.

Photobucket
Our elderly dog, thoroughly bored by all the commotion.

The next project was a trip to Goodwill on Sunday to find a desk chair for him.  We lucked out!  Not only did we find him a fantastic chair for $3.99, we found one for our computer desk for just $4.99!  We heart Goodwill:

Photobucket
Z's chair

Photobucket
Our chair.

[swinging around in it right now, because I can]

After our great finds at Goodwill, Aaron came home & attacked the Christmas lights.  It's a day he dreads every year, but thankfully, follows through with anyway.  

Photobucket
That's dedication.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Zach put his UT hat on my Santa in the yard - his contribution to decorating.

It was pretty darn chilly that day, especially after the sun went down, so Aaron finished off our weekend by making us hot chocolate.  He even put whipped cream & sprinkled cinnamon on top.  Fancy!

Photobucket

Photobucket
He rocks!

So, now I think I've caught on up on everything from last weekend.  As well as closed the chapter with Conn's.  Life is sweet.  Well, our big screen tv died on Tuesday, after 7 years or so, which blows, but we'll figure that one out later.  We just want to enjoy the spirit of the season and the long overdue, but happy ending with my camera.  I'm a lucky girl.

Here's my list of things I'm thankful for today:

1.  Angie.
2.  My husband, again.
3.  Excedrin Migraine.

I must jump in bed now, and dream happy visions of snapping a million photographs this weekend.  It'll be like therapy.  I can't wait!

Until next time ...

2 comments:

Mary said...

I read this last night, and it made me smile. It made me miss all of you. It's great to know that you're finally done with your Conn's troubles. Tell Z congrats on the new room. It looks great!

Becca or Cori depending :) said...

I am thrilled to BITS for your camera! Please lets plan a photo date ASAP without kids and start driving and clicking!