Cruise Countdown Tickers

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Four days till Christmas

Holy cow, today was rough.  I totally did it to myself, so I'm not complaining, I'm just giving a little background as to why I don't have much to say today.  I spent a good part of the day sleeping, and fighting off a wicked headache.  Ken was an angel and took Zach to his house for about 2 hours so I could rest.  Whew!  Aaron and I stayed up really late last night, drinking some adult beverages and listening/talking about music.  It was divine.  I love nights like that!  But, note to self:  port is a dessert wine, that's meant to be enjoyed in small quantities.  Yikes.

I was finally able to start my day post-hangover in the middle of the afternoon.  Both the nap and hot bath I was able to take while Z was at Ken's really helped a lot.  When Z was finished over there, we went and met my sister at Lakeline Mall to shop for my mom's Christmas present.  She's apparently been drooling over a 7-quart crock pot, according to my father, so we went in on it together.  Then, we mosied around a little longer to kill some time & have dinner.  Aaron had to work today, yet again, so we planned it out to be home the same time he got home.  The poor guy has to endure crazy hours every year during the holidays, I feel for him.  Last night was a welcomed relaxation after the last couple of days he's had!

I've now got a roast going in my crock pot, so it'll be nice to have Monday's dinner practically made for me by the time I wake up tomorrow.   It's time to crawl back in bed and get ready for one of the two days I'm working this week.  Yay!  More time off!  I ♥ short weeks!

Things I was grateful for today:

1.  Ondansetron 4mg.
2.  Hot baths in silence.
3.  A nice evening with my sister.

Peace & pastries, everyone.

No comments: