Cruise Countdown Tickers

Friday, December 12, 2008

Long time, no see

How neglectful I have been!  It's been one week exactly since I posted last, and what a delightful week it has been.  My new camera has been keeping me busy, for sure, but I wasn't in a huge rush to get back to blogging because I'm not even sure if anyone reads this these days (besides Mary & Becca) because so few people leave comments.  *ahem*  I know my own Mom thought it was too much of a hassle to have to sign-up to read it, and I've had a few friends say the same, so for those of you who toughed it through the three seconds it takes to log in, thank you!  

"Bitter, party of one ... bitter, party of one ..."

On to the good stuff ... [sigh] ... could a woman BE happier with a camera than I am with mine?  Gosh golly, I almost don't know where to start.  I guess I should post some pics from my first time out with it last Saturday, eh?  Aaron indulged me and took me to two of my favorite photography locations -- a cemetery and Zilker Gardens.  Here are some shots I got from the first stop:

Photobucket
They just don't make 'em like this anymore.

Photobucket

Photobucket
If Aaron wasn't being cremated, this is what he would do.

Photobucket
A tree I liked.

Photobucket
A nice contrast, to see so much life amongst the dead.

Photobucket
So true.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Someone misses her dearly.

I took about 50 more, but I won't bore you with scenery and other people's grave stones.  On to Zilker Gardens:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I want this guy's job.  
He waters the roses every day.

Photobucket
See the bees?

Again, I must have taken about 50 more, but I will refrain from posting every single one.

Other than those specific camera-related outings, I got some good random shots around the house and out in the yard:

Photobucket
Our male cat is such a baby.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Frost on my car the morning of my birthday.

Photobucket
I liked the bright colors in this one.

Photobucket
Me, newly 34.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Tub time pictures are always a Mom favorite.

Photobucket
Zach put all his Webkinz dogs out to pee in the front yard.

Photobucket

Photobucket
We took a drive around to look at other people's Christmas lights.

Photobucket
The flowers Amy surprised me with on my birthday.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Our tree is on the enormous side this year.

Photobucket
Looks lovely though.

Photobucket
One of Zach's favorite ornaments.
(Dexter from Dexter's Laboratory.)

Photobucket
One of Aaron's favorites.  
(Sentimental value.)

Photobucket
One of my favorites.
(It was one of the first ones I ever bought after we got married.)

Photobucket
A cold front moving in.

Photobucket
An incredibly windy day.

Photobucket
The top floor of an apartment complex near our neighborhood
caught fire the night we decorated our tree.

Photobucket
Thankfully, the complex is about 90% empty because it's brand new.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Our fur children lay on our couches more than we do.

As you can see, I've been a busy girl with my camera.  We're still in the getting-to-know you phase, so you may see a lot of pictures like this.  It's been absolute bliss.

My birthday was fabulous, my camera is fabulous, we've had cold weather lately, so that too has been fabulous.  In addition, we have actually found a medicine that will quiet Zach's hellish cough (yes, he has another cold/snot/mucus thing going on).  We are on night two of him getting restful, healing, uninterrupted sleep, which is amazing, and fabulous.  Guess you could say things are simply fabulous.  And I'm a happy lady!

Here are the things I'm grateful for today:

1.  Children's Nyquil.
2.  My camera.  Duh.
3.  Ryan Farish.

I know I didn't post for seven days, therefore I owe the universe a list of twenty-one things I'm grateful for, but I promise I took a moment to reflect each day.  It still happened, even though it wasn't posted up for all the world to see.  Therefore, I won't bore everyone that list of twenty-one things, just know I still honored them, albeit in my mind.

I will close for now, and hope this blog finds everyone healthy & happy.  I will get back on track with the blogging, if my camera doesn't continue to hog my every free moment.  Oh, who am I kidding?  I'll be back on here as soon as I can ... that's more realistic.

Until then, peace & pastries to all.  And to all, a good night.

3 comments:

Becca or Cori depending :) said...

I love the cat looking at the fire pic

Mary said...

Your pictures are absolutely beautiful. I love the feeling of capturing a moment on film and keeping it forever -- like with Z in the graveyard or the flag waving.

Unknown said...

The Christmas tree is totally awesome! where did you get it?