Cruise Countdown Tickers

Monday, December 15, 2008

BRRRRR!

Today is freaking COLD!  And don't misunderstand ... I am definitely NOT complaining.   I like Texas-cold, not Canada-cold, so this is right up my alley.  Amazing how it can be 80 degrees yesterday, but 47 degrees today.  It's gray & cloudy, and they say the wind makes it feel more like 22 degrees.  

Photobucket

It just looks cold, doesn't it?  I love it.  It's glorious.  This weather resembles the kind of days we spent in Rome on our honeymoon.  Add a little rain, and it'd be right-on.  Fantastic!

In addition to the wonderful weather, I found gas for $1.49/gallon today, and filled up for a mere $16.85.  I have a 12-gallon tank, so as you will see, I was almost bone-dry.  Hooray for fuel-efficient tater-tot cars.

Photobucket

Although it's a Monday, it's going pretty darn good, if you ask me.  We're about to go buy some gifts for Zach's teachers for Christmas, then coming straight back home to build a fire.  We love fires around here.

The things I'm grateful for today:

1.  COLD WEATHER!
2.  Heaters.  (Hey, I may love cold weather, but I'm not dumb.)
3.  Teeny tiny electric bills during this time of year.

Peace & pastries to all.

2 comments:

Becca or Cori depending :) said...

It is cold mama! I just wish it would STAY cold!
Thankfully I will actually get to get out of the house tomorrow & get in it for Kate's Christmas party :)

E said...

It was cold here too! I saw mini (like if you weren't looking, you wouldn't see them) flurries. It's supposed to warm up a bit today, and tomorrow, and then back to the 70s. Nuts.
OK so I have a little suggestion, if I may...
The white font on the black background hurts my eyeballs. I don't know if I'm alone in this, but as I'm typing this comment, I still see little words floating around.
And maybe my computer is going slow today, but all your pics didn't load :( sad face. I had to click the button that said Photobucket to see them. I wonder if it's just a fluke.
Miss you lovely!