Cruise Countdown Tickers

Friday, November 7, 2008

TGIF


Photobucket

This has been a crazy, draining week.  Wow.  Who knew that by today I would become the subject of a blog by my old friend Tracey (and not in a favorable way), as would my husband by a couple of other friends.  All of this nonsense was because of the recent election results, and our disappointment with it all.  Apparently, we're "close-minded", we think "dangerously", I'm "ridiculous", and we don't have our facts straight.  [sigh.]  In total, I have had four people drop me from their friends lists on Myspace, and one on Facebook too, all because I have become seemingly intolerable to them.  I won't go into details here, because frankly, I'm tired of thinking about anything having to do with politics at this point, but I will say that I never knew people could get so bent out of shape so easily.  And I've never been so openly discriminated against by my peers.  Amazing.

Other than that crap, the week flew by pretty fast, but was relatively uneventful.  I've been stalking Conn's service department for updates on my camera, and have finally found out that they were not able to fix my baby.  [big sigh]  Instead, they have put in an order for a replacement camera, and I'm supposed to get a call when the paperwork is completed and it's ready for pick-up.  Yeah, right.  I haven't received one lousy call from anyone this entire time, even when they've said they will.  I'll just keep stalking them I guess, but I still vow to not buy anything from Conn's again.  Ever.

Aaron was supposed to go off on a "man trip" this weekend with Matt, but it fell through at the last minute.  Bad for him, but good for us!  This means he has Saturday, Sunday, and Monday off from work and we can get some precious family time.  I know he was disappointed at the trip falling through, because he was really looking forward to unwinding guy-style.  But, he was excited at the silver lining of not having to be at work for the next 3 days.  If we do anything noteworthy, I'll try to document it with the crappy work camera I'm still borrowing.

I guess for now I will give in to my yawns and achy back and crawl into bed.  I spent the evening with Z out at my sister's workplace (which is a UT country club) dancing, playing, and sitting by giant open fires.  It was actually a very nice way to end the week, but I'm wiped out now.  I know this blog wasn't very entertaining, nor informative, so please forgive me.  I'm just feeling a bit "blah" now.  I was hoping it wouldn't rub off on this, but I think I blew it.  I wanted to post since I hadn't all week, but gave it minimal effort.  My bad.  Better luck next time, and until then ...

Peace & pastries.

1 comment:

E said...

You know what? I love you. And it shocks me to hear that "friends" have "de-friended" you because of your opinions. Aren't we in a country that prides itself on free speech? I'm sorry but just because someone doesn't agree with you, does not give them the right to push you aside as a friend. Though I do respect all's opinions... that is until it starts being blatantly disrespectful... I've heard some very inappropriate comments that shock me to hear coming from people's mouths. You're better off without people like that in your life, to be honest.
On another note, I can't wait to see you! (But please no political talk with me, not a huge fan, (which I know is a flaw, I need to get to a point where I do really understand everything that's going on.))