Cruise Countdown Tickers

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election '08

Photobucket



Well, the election is over, thank God. Needless to say, I'm disappointed in the outcome, and am finding it hard to be optimistic. I certainly don't want to turn my blog into a political debate, so I will keep this brief. I just have to vent a little, and if you wanna pass on this one, feel free.

I can understand why people voted Obama into office, it honestly doesn't surprise me. Bush was condemned as the root of all evil, from everything regarding gas prices to Hurricane Katrina, so of course the masses are going to pick what they see as the polar opposite of Bush - a smooth talking, younger, bleeding-heart liberal black man. But, what IS surprising to me is how all these same people who were just filled with venom for our President and the whole establishment are now preaching bipartisanship because they got their way. I've had to endure 8 years of listening to people trash this country, trash our President, and had to look at 14,000 "I hate Bush" type bumper stickers - especially living in this town. I hit my limit with all the self-loathing, blame America first types. Now that these people have finally gotten what they consider to be their Messiah, the rest of us who aren't on board with Obama are supposed to take it and keep quiet. If we voice any disdain or disappointment, we first are racist, then we get lectured or read blogs about how we should just TRY to put our differences aside and trust this newly elected man who has nothing in his past to back up his word. Personally, I don't trust any politician, because they're all just saying what they have to say with their eye on the prize. I just find it amazing how easily people were snowed. Some random guy comes along out of Illinois, saying all the right things, looking as if he could've been on the Real World, & hanging with Oprah, so people jump on the bandwagon. How could everyone not see that he, too, is a politician and will make the same empty promises all the candidates have made before him, just to get elected? It's mind-boggling to me.

Democrat or Republican aside, I just don't think people see that Obama is in over his head. Granted, he'll have a savvy team surrounding him to make him look good, but this man has bitten off more than he can chew. I just hope we don't pay the price for his arrogance and ego. "Yes we can" ... do what? Pull out our military forces and in turn, have every man & woman who has died in the Iraq war now have died for nothing? Make big promises to the lazy masses of this country, and then mask tax increases? Be a piece of political silly puddy and mold answers to please whomever is asking questions? Since that's all I've heard and seen from Obama since the election process began, I guess he's right. Yes he can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know it sister. Lets see what people have to say in 4 years.