Cruise Countdown Tickers

Monday, November 24, 2008

Oh ... my ... goodness

Happy Monday to everyone! We have finally embarked on the week of Thanksgiving, and I can't help but be in good spirits. I have three days off from work, and my son is home from school all week, so I will get to spend oodles of time with him. In addition, we get to celebrate Aaron's birthday tomorrow, and let him know how special is his to all of us. I can't wait to get things started!

Off topic, let me say "thanks" to those of you who were willing to sign up for a Google ID to view my blog. I can't tell you what a weight-off it is to know there aren't potential freaks out there looking at my kid. [whew] I hope it wasn't too irritating to get my request, but please know your willingness to log in is greatly appreciated.

Aaron is off today, as he is each Monday, so I'm really looking forward to getting off work. We don't have any real plans, except to maybe go feed the ducks at the park, but it will still just be nice to be home and all together for most of the day. All three of us were quite a team yesterday, and gave our house a late "spring cleaning", in preparation for Elyssa's visit. She arrived safe & sound, and we stayed up till wee hours of the night visiting. Ok, to everyone else it wouldn't be considered "wee hours", but for this grandma who's usually in bed no later than 9:00pm, it was l-a-t-e. I'm so happy she is here and that we get some time to catch up, since she lives in Dallas. Hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures later of all of us, if I can get any decent shots with the crap work camera.

*Sidebar: No, I don't have my new camera yet. Conn's says they are waiting for the paperwork to clear at their home office. They say as soon as that happens, I'll get a call and will be able to go get my new camera. Catch is, no one - and I mean NO ONE - who is employed for Conn's can give me even a rough estimate on how long this will take. As I mentioned before, I hate Conn's. Grrrrr. Snarl. Grrrrr.

Moving on to lighter things & to tie in the title of this blog, I stumbled across a video on YouTube this morning, and just sat in amazement after I viewed it. It has probably circulated across the globe a few hundred times, and you may have already seen it yourself, but it was new to me and really interesting. To summarize, a group six young girls set up a video camera to record their own reaction to watching the results of American Idol this year. (I think this happened in April?) Granted, it sounds narcissistic, but that's pretty much what pre-teen girls are. Yeah, I remember singing into the handle of a brush in the mirror at their age ... you know you did it too. Anyway, their favorite contestant did not win, and they have a group meltdown in result. I can remember being an over-dramatic pre-teen myself, but I can promise you with almost 100% certainty that I never, ever acted like this. Mom & Dad, if I did and I'm just not remembering correctly, please forgive me. Check it out:

I tried like hell to embed this video so you could just watch it here, but for some reason, it's not working. It was quite the spectacle, no?

On that note, I will list the 3 things I am grateful for today:

1. Having a boy.
2. Private blogs.
3. Mixed berry & cream cheese kolaches. (Thanks Elyssa!)

Peace & pastries.

3 comments:

jglitter said...

Thanks for the invite!

E said...

Glad you enjoyed them! Thanks for the hospitality. I had a blast with y'all. :)

Becca or Cori depending :) said...

That video.... ok .. umm wow.