Cruise Countdown Tickers

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Z's school picture

In September, Z took his kindergarten picture for school.  This past Wednesday, they came in.  I nearly cried when I opened them and saw:

Photobucket

My God, where has the time gone?  When did he get so old?  He doesn't look six to me in this picture, which is only another reminder of how quickly time passes once you give birth.  My little angel isn't so little anymore.  [sigh]

Several people I have shared my reaction with regarding his picture, including my Dad, have told me that it's this sort of moment that makes people want to have more children.  

Uh, no.  Not so much.  

I don't miss having a baby, I miss HIM being a baby.  So, don't get your hopes up people.  The only way we're having another kid is if divine intervention is involved.  

It's just hard to believe that six years have already passed, and he's already on the path to becoming a young man.  I will treasure this photo, maybe even a teensy bit more than the others, because it will always remind me of how far we had come at this point.  My little guy makes me so proud.  


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He does look so grown up! I think almost every day about how I wished Kali was a baby again, and I could be pregnant with HER all over again to enjoy it this time. No more for me either!
-Lynai

E said...

What a handsome dude! He has grown up since the days of his little and brief crush on me :)

Anonymous said...

HE IS SO HANDSOME!!!!!!!