Cruise Countdown Tickers

Friday, October 24, 2008

Thanks!

Thank you, to everyone, who responded about my new layout.  I've heard all good things, so I'll keep it like this, at least for a while.  (For the few of you who asked, no, I did not take the photo at the top of the page.  I wish I could say I did.)

I just had two days off from work, and it was wonderful.  Of course, it went by too quickly, but I tried to make the most of my down-time.  One of the things I did while I was by myself was arrange & upload my recent photos.  Tons of them were sitting in my iPhoto, so I wanted to make sure I got them uploaded, in case something ever went awry with my computer.  I ran across some recent sky shots, which made me think about making this blog about sharing some of my older photos.  I've always been intrigued by the sunrises & sunsets that have come my way, & I've photographed many of them over the past few years.  I'll show you a small chunk of my personal collection, and hopefully you will be intrigued, as well.  None of these photos have been retouched or enhanced in any way.  Nature is simply this amazing:


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I hope you were as awestruck at some of these skies as I was when I snapped the photos.  It's amazing how beauty exists in something that hangs over our heads each day.  What a blessing.

[yawn]

I'm soooooo sleepy, so I guess I will not fight it any longer.  Celebrity Rehab's new season started, and I missed the first episode last night, so I'll be watching the re-showing of it while relaxing in bed.  Nothing like Dr. Drew to help a girl drift into peaceful dreams (I heart him!).  Hope all is well with you out there.  Take care of each other, and look up in every once in a while - you might get a great photo opportunity, as well as a beautiful painting to help you through your day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr Drew is HAWT :)~
Love ALL the pics!

Anonymous said...

That 11th picture down is actually a picture I took from my front porch on Saddle Bow probably 15 years ago. I must have given you a copy. I kept a copy of that picture in my organizer until my purse was stolen in January. I'm glad you actually posted it. It's probably my favorite nature shot I've ever taken.
-Lynai

PAL said...

Hmmm Lynai, weird. That's actually a pic I took about a year ago, standing in the middle of my street in my neighborhood. And you never gave me any copies of any pics back in the day, except for one of you at Christmas. It's totally possible we took an almost identical cloud picture, and as they say, great minds think alike! ;-) That means we're great!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I swear it looks exactly like my picture. Crazy! Someday I'll find the negative for it, haha. Or maybe I have a copy in a photo album somewhere.
-Lynai