Cruise Countdown Tickers

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Update on the camera crisis

You people are so sweet.  It's like everyone in my inner circle went on high-alert when they found out I was camera-less.  My dear co-worker friend Amber even handed over our work camera, just so I could have something versus nothing.  Thank you all, for understanding how hard this has been for me.  Becca described it perfectly - she said, "Some people need food.  You need a camera."  Amen.

I don't want to make it seem like I'm making a bigger deal out of this than it really is, but those close to me know how hard the next few weeks are going to be.  A major outlet for my stress, as well as my creativity, has been eliminated and it's a little unsettling.  I will make do with the camera from my workplace, and hope the next few weeks go by quickly.

I called Conn's, because I bought the camera from them, and was informed that the warranty I bought with the camera expired 9 days prior to the camera malfunctioning.  Needless to say, I was pretty pissed to hear that news, but the Conn's corporate employee was quick to offer up that I had five more days on tap to extend my warranty.  It would cost me $98.45 for one year, so I had to really do my research and think this through.  I called around to some local camera shops, and found out they all pretty much charge the same for repairs - anywhere between $75.00 to $120.00.  If they could not fix it, they would have to send it off to Canon, which would cost $160.00, plus shipping.  Ouch.  Buying a new camera outright would be around $350.00, if I bought the same model I have now.  Double ouch.  The extended warranty at Conn's started sounding more attractive by the minute, since it's a replacement warranty.  That means I get a new camera if they can't fix the problem.  Sold.

I will be taking my baby over to Conn's tomorrow, to drop it off and hope for the best.  It should be about 3 weeks before I hear anything, so I'll attempt to be patient until then.  And I'll try my best not to call them on the very last day of those 3 weeks to see if it's already on it's way.

For those of you who haven't seen the camera I'm speaking of, here's what my lovey looks like:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I have bonded with this beautiful piece of technology, and I hope it won't be long before we're reunited.  I know there are people with much bigger problems in their lives, so I won't even pretend to act like this is a big deal outside of my world.  I just use my camera to help me stay sane, and it's way cheaper than therapy.  So, I'm saying it'll be tough without it.  It will suck.  But things could suck way worse ... I am aware of that.

Off now to watch the Presidential debate, although I have a feeling it won't make my sad mood any better.  Hugs to everyone, until next time.  

Peace & pastries.


1 comment:

Angela Stockbridge said...

No blogs in a while... I miss you!