Cruise Countdown Tickers

Saturday, February 7, 2009

The jinx continues ...

Z has strep.  Sigh.

Got a call from the doctor's office yesterday around 1:00pm with the news.  Apparently, we were one of the "rare" cases that the second test came back positive after the first one came back negative.  Figures.  

He started his Omnicef yesterday afternoon, and has already shown vast improvement by this morning.  We've kept him secluded from the outside world, as not to spread the love, and he's starting to get a little stir-crazy.  We may have to go walk around somewhere today, to burn off some his pent-up energy.  Part of me is glad it's strep, because then at least we know what we're dealing with & how to treat it.  The other part of me is fearful, because I don't want to get stricken with it, nor does Aaron.  I'll keep hoping for the best (as well as washing my hands, avoiding kisses, and drinking orange juice.)

Last night, we stayed in and broke out the Legos.  Z got some Star Wars Legos a while back, but we had never put together the ship that is capable of being made.  He asked me to make it last night, and after two hours or so, I'm happy to report I did it!  

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It wouldn't have taken so long if he hadn't opened the Star Wars Lego box, and dumped them into his existing Lego bin.  Yes, he mixed them up months ago with about 700 other little Lego pieces, so this was quite the project.  Kept us busy though, and kept our minds off of being bored.  Another rockin' Friday night at the Lawson house!

I'm off now to shower, because my sick kid who doesn't feel sick is waiting patiently to get out of the house.  The three things I'm grateful for today:

1.  Omnicef.
2.  Kolaches.
3.  Air conditioning.  (Yes, it's warm & muggy today.  Argh!)

Peace & pastries, everyone.

No comments: