Cruise Countdown Tickers

Friday, May 23, 2014

Wrapping up May

Plodding along this week, still fumbling my way through the weirdness of people dropping like flies at my office, or taking on their new roles elsewhere in the company. It's been odd.

Still no clarity on what I should be focusing on. If anything, things seem foggier in my mind than they were before, so I must not be doing that whole "let go, let God" thing quite right. Hey, I never claimed to be any good at it ...

We are almost done with fifth grade - after today, only one more short week. Then, we begin the trepidation of staring middle school in the face. Big, bad middle school. Sixth grade was the worst year for most everyone, so I have noticed by talking to fellow Moms and family members. When the topic of middle school comes up with other adults these days, almost every time it is immediately announced what a lousy, horrible year sixth grade was. This is usually followed by throaty groans and longer-than-normal eye rolls. Personally, I don't remember sixth grade being that brutal, but maybe I have just blocked it out? Either way, it definitely makes me uneasy on my son's behalf. Here's to hoping sixth grade is a smooth transition, and mostly zit-free.
*tinks glasses*

We will be going camping this Memorial Day weekend, and we are trying out Guadalupe River State Park for the first time. I'll be posting lots of pictures from that trip next week, most certainly. As for now, I'm going to finish this delicious egg roll my precious new co-worker brought me (the new ones know me already ... buy me food and I'm yours, forever), then go pick up the boy from school. I will need to make a trip to the store for camping food/s'mores fixin's, while I also attempt to clear my head more, so I can thoroughly enjoy this 3-day weekend. It'll be my last break for a while. Must make the most of it.

☮✝✿

No comments: