Cruise Countdown Tickers

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Zoom! Bam! June?!

That was a blur.

Several weeks just zipped by and I'm not sure how that happened. One day literally bled into the next, and all of a sudden, it's now the end of June. I guess that's what the end of school and looking for a new job will do - suck up your every thought.

Z is officially an impending 6th grader. It's still weird to say that, which makes me wonder how long it will take before I actually get used to it. (Can we say never?!) He's thrilled that his summer fun has begun, and seems to be already using every moment to its fullest.

Aaron's summer has also begun, and he's got big plans for projects over the next three months. Namely, patching up Z's bathroom (I know, finally - remember this?), building a fire pit in the backyard, and painting the house. His Pinterest boards are brimming with new ideas, so who am I to hold him back? Create, my dahling! Go crazy!

While the other 2/3 of my home has been soaking up summer days and time off, I've been hard at work, including trying to find a new job. My new boss is a delegator, to put it lightly, so I haven't had a whole lot of time to look. But, I have found a handful of promising positions out there in the few minutes of spare time I've had at lunch, and I have applied for five jobs so far. I've already gotten one form-letter style rejection email, but haven't hear a peep out of the others. I'm in the waiting stages, twiddling my thumbs, and praying so hard to St. Anthony, my miracle-worker, that he's probably about to send me over to prayer voicemail.

When I'm not looking for a new job or doing one of the 2,437 daily tasks my new boss has passed on to me, I'm been watching the World Cup. Since matches are played all day, I will say I have a new thing to be thankful for -- free streaming online from ESPN. Today is a big game at 11:00am, USA vs. Germany, so our manager's meeting better be over by then. I love this tournament -- it only happens every 4 years, like the Olympics, and I'm grateful for the timing of it this year. Just when I think I can't bear one more flipping second at my office, I can turn soccer on at my desk and be distracted just enough to get through that part of the day. I will be so sad when it's over, not to mention, completely dead on the inside.

*deep breath* Here's to opening myself up to change. I'm trying to do nothing but send out positive vibes into the universe, so the universe will return the favor. I know something will come my way that will give me a fresh start, a new beginning, and a slew of new challenges. I just need to stay patient until I connect with it. Yes, easier said than done most days, but not impossible. Going Zen in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... hummmmmmmmmm.

☮✝✿

No comments: