Cruise Countdown Tickers

Monday, June 10, 2013

Monday, Monday (bah baaaa bah bah bah)

Let me start this post by saying it has come to my realization that when viewing my blog on Firefox, the font could possibly appear as Comic Sans. As this font drives me insane, and I firmly believe it should be bastardized and exiled from planet Earth forever, let me apologize to anyone who has read it and had their eyes violated in such a way. Some other Internet Explorer computers also show my blog in a funky, bad cursive-ish type font. I didn't pick that one, either. The way I see it on my Mac at home is the way its intended for all to see, so please forgive me if you are looking at something unbearably ugly. I promise, it wasn't me. :(

Now that I have cleared the air on that, we can proceed. This weekend was busy, but spectacular. It included some good food:

 photo image_zps59250563.jpg
Took a trip to one of our favorite places in the world.

  photo image_zpsc3ef6087.jpg
Of course, I had to get my all-time fave - the green chili pork.

 photo image_zps57e6f087.jpg
And I finally tried a beef fajita. Yummers.

 photo image_zps76e5d3cb.jpg
Went by Central Market to grab a few things, and we had to share a gelato.

 photo 8f704aa9-28d5-4bca-96ca-df5aa56edde6_zps60e148e0.jpg
Aaron made homemade donuts again, which I usually can resist.
But this weekend? Not so much. They were calling me ...

 photo image_zps3b63e965.jpg
My parents came over for game night on Saturday night, so we just HAD to get Chinese.

 photo image_zpsf037d86c.jpg
Mmmm, beef lo mein.

Contrary to what it may look like, we did do other things this weekend besides eat. Not that there's anything wrong with eating your way through a weekend - no shame at all. We also laughed a bunch:

 photo image_zps22f2c4ed.jpg
Z laughed with his buddies in their first "Komedy Klub" meeting.
One member is missing, but hopefully he'll be at the next meeting.

 photo pic616264_zpsb0c43c20.jpg
Z, Aaron, & I played the always hilarious Who What Where board game. If you've never played,
I would highly suggest giving it a try. You have to draw sentences comprised of three cards:
one who, one what, and one where. Because you're grabbing cards from a box at random, your cards
 make silly sentences like one of mine -- "Mr. T herding sheep in the belly of a whale." It's a scream. You want to see what that drawing looked like, don't you? Alright, here it is:

 photo image_zps0fc16488.jpg

Another sentence I got was "Popeye playing the accordion on an airplane":

 photo image_zpsc4696cdf.jpg

Like I said, it's hilarious. And as I have just exposed to the world, my lack of artistic skill is staggering. Hey, don't judge! As I mentioned a little while ago, my parents also came over and we had a game night. My Mom's favorite: 

 photo Scattergories-Game_zps8990cf1d.jpg
Also hilarious!

Lastly, I also got to meet new doggies this weekend, which is always a plus for me:

 photo image_zpsd7248be7.jpg
Isis and Tut, brother and sister 6-month old Bassett puppies.

Lots of delicious food, laughing my arse off, and puppies? God, I'm spoiled. I also ran again for the first time in 3 weeks. It's time to stop pretending I'm still nursing my knee, and just get back in it. It was hard, and I was sore the next day or so, but I did 2.07 miles at the same pace I was at before I took time off. Today, I just finished running 2.08 miles, but I was a tad slower. In my defense, it is 96° outside and this is the first time I've run in the heat of the day. Clearly, it's a stupid thing to do, and I don't think I'll be doing it again anytime soon. Hurry up and end, summer. I hate you!

 Until next time ...


No comments: