Cruise Countdown Tickers

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Ahhh, the weekend.

What a great weekend it has been. We started ours a little early by going on the double-date that I mentioned on Thursday. Went with Amy and Jim to The Roaring Fork for a lovely meal (think: beef tenderloin with Shiner Bock fondue, green chili mac and cheese ...) then next door to The Paramount Theatre to see Ross Mathews. I had never heard of this guy before they invited us to go to the show, but wow, he is hysterical. A good time, and many good laughs, were had by all.

 photo image_zpse38de23c.jpg

 photo image_zps0b42ff24.jpg

 photo image_zps11e37ad7.jpg

 photo image_zps15156e7e.jpg

Friday was pretty low-key, just went to Z's last flag football practice, and hung around the house. I *almost* went to the grocery store, but managed to talk myself out of it pretty quickly. Friday was also Z's last day of school, so he wanted to eat out after practice, in celebration. We let him pick where we ate, therefore, we ended up at Freddy's. Not so good for my waistline, but damn tasty. I tried the cheesesteak this time - yowsa.

 photo image_zps24314575.jpg

Saturday started with me going to see one of my favorite human beings, Iris. She is a massage therapist sent from the heavens, and I've been going to see her now for about 10 years, off and on. This was the longest gap between visits - about 18 months - so, I had a lot to catch her up on. Since I have been running again, I hurt. Mainly my knee and lower back, so she really worked hard on those and we were able to set up a plan for me to keep having sessions done to help the arthrofibrosis in my knee. Yes, this is the same knee I've been dealing with for over 25 years, the one I had surgery on when I was 14. It now has a boat-load of scar tissue built up in it, so my mobility is pretty much zero, and I can't straighten or bend it completely. I'm stuck in this sort of bent position all the time, if I don't want to be in agony, so she is going to help me work out the scar tissue. I'll take that over another surgery, any day.

After my massage, we had Z's last flag football game. It was a phenomenal way for he and his team to end their first season together - they beat the team of jerkfaces from earlier in the year. They played this one team that had the worst coaches, sportsmanship, and over-zealous parents I have ever witnessed in any little league sport, ever. It sucked because they beat us the first time we played them, but ah, revenge is sweet. We beat them this time, and they had to choke down the loss. I was so proud of our boys.

 photo image_zpse1de001f.jpg

We ended Saturday having a long dinner outing with a family we adore from Z's school. We have family dates with them about once a month, and this one kicked off summer for the boys. More good food was shared, and many big laughs. Got there at 7pm, and before we knew it, the clock said 11pm. That's how you know you're with good friends. Time flies when you're having fun!

Today, we cleaned house - well, Aaron and I did. When we told Z what to do, he remembered that Santa gave him a coupon book last Christmas that had this in it:

 photo image_zps442a6d2d.jpg

Bastard Santa. So, Z relaxed while Aaron and I cleaned up a bit, did some laundry, and threw away a ton of stuff leftover from the school year. Since we worked so hard, we decided we wanted a snow cone from our favorite shaved ice place, Kawaii Ice, and took Cody with us.

 photo image_zpsf9ccc36b.jpg

Now, sadly, time for fun has come to a close, and it's off to work for me. Sigh.

I love weekends like this. Lots of good food, lots of good friends, lots of family time, and lots of relaxing. I need to soak up as much of this as possible, before my hellish work schedule at the apartments kicks in. We even started planning a potential trip to the beach in July ... ooo, the possibilities! *clap clap clap*.

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend, as well. I found a couple of cool websites on the recommendation of a friend that I'll share next time I write. Until then ...

No comments: