Cruise Countdown Tickers

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Second verse, same as the first

Sorry I don't have more exciting things to discuss these days. I'll try to spice this entry up a little with things other than work consuming my life, and the wretched heat. Speaking of, here's a snapshot of our forecast for today:

Photobucket

Where else, other than in hell, can it be 91 degrees at 10:00pm? Don't forget the "heat index", as well. No one really understands what the "heat index" actually is, because if it feels like 110 outside, then it is 110 outside. At least in my book.

But, as promised, I will share something more interesting than tales of sweating and being stuck in my office. Like this groovy website I found recently, Perpetual Kid, which caters to your inner child. This is right up my alley. Here are some gems I stumbled upon:

Photobucket
I personally would never buy this, but I know a
few people who would. They also had cupcake
floss, but it hurt my teeth too much to post it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
A Hostess cupcake-inspired coin purse. Awesome.

Photobucket
This just made me laugh.

Photobucket
Pac-Man shaped oven mitts!

Photobucket
Pac-Man shaped ice cube trays. Nice!

Photobucket
Goldfish trash bags. Genius!

And a personal favorite ...
Photobucket
Anti-theft lunch bags. These would come in
very handy for me, seeing as how I work with
the biggest group of thieves you've ever known.

Websites like this bring me joy. Gives me an escape from reality when I have been staring at accounting figures too long. I am happy to say I have refrained from actually purchasing anything, but those goldfish bags and anti-theft bags are still calling my name.

I managed to drive down to San Antonio this past Saturday, and spend the day with Andrea for her son's 1st birthday party. He's walking now, and was non-stop all day. I managed to capture a few pictures when he was held captive in someone's arms, or in his high-chair. Zach was the eternal sweetheart, doting on him and making him laugh, like always.

Photobucket
Giving smooches.

Photobucket
The birthday boy.

Photobucket

Photobucket
He's so patient with little ones, it's heartwarming.

Photobucket
Cleo, Andrea's oldest fur-child.
She never moved from this fan - smart girl.

Photobucket
Cassie, fur-child #2.

Photobucket
And Kramer, fur-child #3.

Photobucket
Watching Z play peek-a-boo ...

Photobucket
... and absolutely loving it.

Photobucket
You should have heard his belly-laugh.
Good stuff.

Photobucket
Such a happy boy.

Photobucket
Post peek-a-boo.

Photobucket
Entertaining a one-year old is exhausting work.
Glad he's comfortable there?

Photobucket
Dree, me, and Z. (ha!)

It's hard to believe her baby is already one. As always, time is flying by & our little guys aren't staying little for very long. Speaking of, Z has a second loose tooth, though he doesn't seem quite as pumped about this one as he was for the first one. Guess the newness already wore off?

I also wanted to throw in how happy I am to see him reading in his free time, these days. I caught a picture of it last Saturday morning, about an hour after he woke up.

Photobucket

This was the turd-look I got after the camera went off:

Photobucket

Nice. It's moments like these that remind me he's getting older by the micro-second. In case you were wondering what he's voraciously reading, it's the Captain Underpants series. He has all but three of the books in the series, and can't put them down. He even has a second one going, in his bathroom, for his potty breaks.

Photobucket

Already such a man.

Three things I'm grateful for today:

1. That August is flying by.
2. The swimming pool today.
3. Z's love of reading.

Until next time, folks ... peace & pastries to all of you. And to all, a good night.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow, loved reading your blog Phyllis! You are an awesome writer. Great pics, you look great! Thanks for sharing that website too. I'll take the hostess cupcake purse please :)

Becca said...

Bacon floss! Gag!!!!
The bags rock! TOOOO FUNNNNY!!!