Cruise Countdown Tickers

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My girly side

I don't wear much jewelry - my wedding ring, a pair of simple, silver hoop earrings, and sometimes a watch.  I rarely wear make-up. You could say I'm not much of a "shopper" either, especially in the womanly sense of the word - my pulse only starts to race when I'm browsing electronics or gadget stores. The thought of clothes shopping, make-up shopping, or (even worse) shoe shopping makes me want to run screaming for the nearest sports pub, where I can watch a good soccer game & throw back a few, surrounded by testosterone.  

BUT -

I stumbled across a website today that had some of the cutest stuff I've seen in ages, so I'm indulging in my girly side for a brief moment in time. Embracing that small part of me who wanted to squeal with glee & whip out my credit card the instant I started browsing. Let me show you why.

One of the first things I saw was a ring. Not your ordinary, run of the mill ring, but one that screams "Phyllis" & fits me to a tee. This lil' beauty:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Like, omigaw!  Is it perfect, or what?!  The intrigue only grew more intense, as I flipped page to page, seeing more things were practically begging me to buy them.

Photobucket
Pie earrings?!  Gah!

Photobucket
Supersize me!

Photobucket
A fortune cookie bracelet!

Photobucket
A Lego ring!  If I'm not buying Legos or playing with them,
then I'm stepping on them or cleaning them up.
This would be like a badge of honor, as a Mom.

Photobucket
If you need a little bling with your Lego ring,
you got it!

Photobucket
A cupcake bracelet?!  I waaaaaaaaaaaaant it!

Photobucket
Who doesn't love rainbow-colored, swirly lollipops?

Photobucket
An olive bracelet?!  Too cute!

Photobucket
Retro soda earrings!  Totally rad!

Photobucket
Breakfast!  If you're not in the mood for bacon & eggs ...

Photobucket
... they've also got pancakes & toast.  Ha!

Photobucket
CHEESE EARRINGS?!  SHUT UP!

I decided it's ok for me to act like a girl about this stuff, because first of all, it's undeniably cute. Second, I never do this. I mean never EVER. My husband jokes that he got off easy when he married me because I don't shop, I don't take longer than 20 minutes to get ready to go anywhere, and I think Valentine's Day is stupid. Well, honey, I apologize in advance for how much time I'm going to make up for on this website. I am technically a girl, after all, and I've heard these urges are part of our DNA. I just never knew the urges to come on so strong, unless I was knee-deep in the Apple store or swirling around in the radiantly-lit aisles of Best Buy. Thankfully, the earrings are all totally affordable, so I'll stick with those. (I did buy the camera ring today, but nothing else.) The bracelets are a tad pricey, and since I'm tip-toeing into this girly world, I'm uncomfortable throwing down that much for a piece of jewelry. Maybe that will change with time - ok, probably not, but there's always Christmas and my birthday. It's not wrong if someone else buys it for you as a gift, right?

No comments: