Cruise Countdown Tickers

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sorry ...

I know it's been almost a week since I posted last, with promises of pictures from our spring break escapade.  This week has been busier than I anticipated, and last weekend was lazier than I had anticipated.  Busy + lazy = a ton of pictures to still sift through.

Until I finally get them ready, I thought I'd jump on real quick and let everyone know we're alive & well.  The week back has eased up a little on us by now, but was quite rough to endure in the beginning.  Luckily, nearly everyone at my office had the same type of spring break hangover, so we were all wildly unproductive.  Misery loves company, as they say, and boy, did we play the part.

But, now it's Thursday, and the routine seems a little less intolerable.  Right now, I've got cupcakes in the oven for my boss' birthday tomorrow - maple bacon cupcakes, mind you ... more on those later - and it's almost bedtime.  Hang on ... I'm listening to that annoying Progressive commercial with that girl - you know the one - and I can't concentrate.  I think I'll wait it out till the commercial is over to continue ...

Ahhhh, ok.  As I was saying, we're hanging in there.  Of course, me & Aaron's (horrible grammar, I know) minds are elsewhere, already dreaming up our next adventure.  I think we're going to focus on making another cruise happen, but with my parents this time.  Everyone knows how much we loved our first cruise, so you can only assume how badly we want to go on another one.  Hell, I'd *live* on a cruise ship, if I could figure out how to keep my kid in private school while doing it.  I'll keep you posted on the plans, as they come together.

My buzzer just went off, and the cupcakes are out to cool, so off I go.  Now I need to make their homemade maple frosting, and garnish them with a small piece of glorious bacon, and then it's sack time.  Aaron and I have been watching "Rome" at night when we go to bed, and I'm actually looking forward to see what happens in our next episode.  Too bad they only made two seasons of that show.

Three things I'm grateful for today:

1.  Certain blogs.
2.  Good tv shows. 
3.  Compassion.

Peace and maple bacon cupcakes to everyone!  Ha!

2 comments:

Becca or Cori depending :) said...

Ok those cupcakes sound icky. I know you are an awesome cook so that must not suck.. but eeeeew

Mary said...

I'm gonna differ with Bec here and just say YUM! Let me know how they turn out. :)