Cruise Countdown Tickers

Monday, April 14, 2014

Mary Ann and Garrett


This about sums up how I'm feeling today. Sprinkle in a teensy bit of sadness, and I guess that would be a bit more accurate. Happy, with a tinge of sad. Well, and grateful. And reflective. Ok, that's it -- happy, grateful, reflective, with a tinge of sad.

I have lost two friends over the last month, and it's impossible not to be at least a little reflective when these sorts of things happen. One I hadn't talked to in several years, but we were very good buddies during our formative years, the other a co-worker that I hadn't heard from since the new year, because she fell ill and left work. Both hilarious human beings. Both an asset to the people who's lives they touched. Both sorely missed now.

I have always made it a point to be in the moment, and truly grateful for all I have attained, been given, and enjoyed. Finding out about these two friends just helped reinforced my attitude of gratitude, and made me, as well as a few others, realize again  how important it is to love and hug to the fullest. I am thankful to have shared embraces with mutual friends over the passing of these two individuals, and I'm sure our late friends would be happy to know they helped stir up those feelings of love and wanting to show the people who are still here how much we care about each other. These two loved big and laughed big, and today, I honor them both.

Garrett Cassel
August 23, 1976 - March 18, 2014

Mary Ann Spittler
August 14, 1964 - April 9, 2014

Cheers to you, guys. We love you.

☮✝✿

No comments: