Cruise Countdown Tickers

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

OMG!

We were in bed last night, it was after 9pm, and the phone rang once.  Then it stopped.  It rang so quickly, nothing even registered on the caller ID.  We figured someone realized they mis-dialed ... no biggie.

Twenty minutes later, the phone rang again.  This time, it rang normal, Aaron looks over to see who in their right mind would be calling us so late, only to see:

Photobucket
Sorry for the crappy picture ...
I'm rushed & it's early.

Flippin' hell!  Are you KIDDING me?!  In case you can't read what the caller ID says, it says Neal Lawson.  Aaron's $@#%!&* brother.  If you don't already  know the background on our relationship with him, I'll elaborate later.  For now, I must get to work.  It's 6:34am.

The ringing stopped after three rings, and no, Aaron didn't answer it.  I kept telling him to, but he froze in absolute astonishment.  The machine picks up after five rings, so Neal hung up before he could leave a message.  Aaron had to take 30 minutes to get his adrenalin to stop churning the way it was.  We guess that Neal was probably hammered, and this was a case of drunk dialies.  Neal is a sappy drunk, you see, and gets very mushy & nostalgic when he drinks. And he's always drinking.  I guess he chickened out at the last minute though, both times he called (we're assuming the first call was him, too).  I told Aaron if he wanted me to talk to him, I'd be more than happy to do so, but Aaron said he's interested to see if he leaves a message, and what he'd say.  I told him he better only be calling to tell us he has our $1,500 that he stole, or else I'm not too interested.  Aaron agreed.

Good Lord, YESTERDAY WAS THE WEIRDEST DAY!  Aaron got two separate phone calls from companies who saw his resume on Monster.com - in the same day?  What are the odds.  Then the evening ends with a phone call from his estranged brother, whom we've had zero contact with since 2005?  But more on both later, as I said.  I really have to get on the road and get to work.

The plot thickens ...

Peace & pastries.

3 comments:

LHB said...

WOW! I can't believe he called you! I can't believe he's in Austin either! That man has no shame. It'll be interesting to see if he tries to call again!! Poor Aaron must have been flipping out!

Mary said...

WTF?!? I mean, seriously. I was around A for all of that, and I've heard even more from you. I can't believe even he would have the balls to try to get in contact after all of that. My heart is pounding just from reading this... I can only imagine how you guys feel.

Becca or Cori depending :) said...

WOW... that boy has some balls to call your house