Cruise Countdown Tickers

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Birthday pics & Pink Floyd

Hello folks! I am happy to say that I've been too busy living, which means no time for blogging. But, alas, you have been so patient in my absence of birthday photos, so here they are!

As mentioned before, we had Zach's party on Saturday, August 30, since his special day fell on a weeknight. On the actual day of his birthday, we took him for a private party romp of Chuck E Cheese, with my parents. At first, he didn't understand why he was having two birthday celebrations, but in the end, he seemed to enjoy the double partying immensely. Hope he doesn't get too used to it, because we hope to keep things to one affair next year ...


Saturday, August 30, at a place called Main Event. They have bowling, laser tag, an arcade, pool tables, rock-wall climbing, glow golf - the works! Zach was interested in the bowling, so here are some pics of the facility, as well as his stupendous "sign" birthday cake. (THANKS SCOTT! Everyone - go see or call Scott at The Cake Plate for your cakes!! He's amazing! 512-263-9305)

Photobucket
The Main Event

Photobucket
This THRILLED him - his name on the marquis!

Photobucket
This place is massive.

Photobucket
Pool tables & full bar.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Some 3-D decorations on the wall that I thought were cute.

Photobucket
This year, it was a "One Way" cake.

Photobucket
It was DELICIOUS!

Photobucket
Making sure Daddy put SIX candles on his cake.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Make a wish!

Photobucket
Jim & Brandon, driving together.

Photobucket
I gave Amy & Becca some "Mommy" party favors - here's Bec pretending to enjoy her mini bottle of Seagrams.

Photobucket
Dad & Toni playing a game of air hockey.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Zach & Preston enjoying air hockey, as well.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Ma wanted in on the fun too!

Photobucket
Aaron & Zach, riding a Harley Davidson motorcycle game.

Photobucket
Jim, Brandon, & Amy watching Preston fly a fighter jet.

Photobucket
One happy birthday boy & Preston.
(Preston is one year YOUNGER than Zach! Amazing, no?)

Photobucket
Zach, surrounded by all of his Webkinz.
Thanks to Becca, Toni, & my parents for helping his collection grow to 14!

Photobucket
Group shot - he wanted me to take this.

Photobucket
Our boy cat, who found the Siamese Webkinz in the pile, and decided to get cozy with it.
We now call it his girlfriend.

What a day that was! Loads of fun, and Main Event was so accommodating. We would go back there for his next birthday party in a heartbeat. To top off the day, I got my best bowling score ever - 176! No one could believe it, including me!

A few days later, on Sept 3, we frolicked at Chuck E Cheese. Since we had already done the whole cake thing, he chose a cupcake to take there instead. We always thoroughly enjoy ourselves at Chuck E Cheese, even though we're 33, and this time was no different.

Photobucket
The rat that gets my son's pulse racing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I must admit, I didn't take nearly as many photos on his birthday night, because I was too busy playing skee-ball and shooting baskets for tickets. We worked as a group for tickets so Zach could have his pick of what he wanted from their counter, and we ended up with something like 1500 tickets! Not bad! Of course, he picked out a dozen different little items which have now ended up all over the floors, which in turn, has led to them being stepped on in the dark of night. It's amazing how much one little toy can make a person cuss.

Overall, I'd say he had quite a birthday, with all the amazing gifts everyone showered on him - plus both birthday celebrations. Preston got him a Transformer he had been dying for, Aaron's parents sent him a Wal-Mart gift card where he got two other Transformers he had wanted, then he got all those Webkinz ... he's as happy as a pig in poo these days. A poo pig that's not getting anything more until Christmas, that is.

On a different note, I just wanted to say something quickly about someone who passed away recently. September 15 we had to say goodbye for the first time to a member of one of the greatest bands to ever exist, Pink Floyd. Rick Wright died after a short battle with cancer, and it's such loss.

Photobucket

The deaths of famous people don't usually affect me (ok, Lucille Ball and Phil Hartman did, but that's all so far), but this one did. Pink Floyd has been been one of those bands that I have listened to since my teenage years, and marveled at their amazing talent. Aaron and I have talked many nights about how incredible they are, and wondered if they even realized how extraordinary their music was while they were making it. I have many great memories, one of which includes my one of my favorite memories with my husband, all with Pink Floyd as the soundtrack. I know the band members weren't getting any younger, but it's always a shock when the first one goes. Most of the time, I, as well as many others, have listened to Floyd and have been taken aback by the lyrics, guitar work, or David Gilmour's velvety voice. From now on, I will hear the keyboards just a tad more prominently than I have before. RIP Mr. Wright. You will be missed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was an awesome day! If Jay ever gets better, I would love to do it again with all of us!

Angela Stockbridge said...

Aww, kids birthday parties are the best.