Cruise Countdown Tickers

Monday, August 11, 2008

Once again, it's been a while ...

... and if any of you have known me for the last 8 years, you know why.  I'm officially in hell, as far as work goes, and my life is consumed with crap I have to get done before August 21.  I apologize for disappearing on here, but between going to the gym before work, my job, recently caring for a sick kid, the heat, and the housework, I barely find time to sleep - let alone blog.  Forgive me, everyone.  (I must insert kudos here to my husband, who had the day off today & spent it cleaning and vacuuming the house so I would come home to a sparkling palace.  He knows how to turn a woman on ...)

Here's an example of something that was written on a collective "to do" list for our maintenance supervisor over the weekend:

Photobucket

This gives you some idea of the crap we are dealing with on a daily basis.  In a nutshell, we have over 750 students at my property alone, and over half of them moved out over the weekend.  Sounds like no big deal, right?  WRONG.  That means just as many kids will be arriving on August 22 to take their places.  In the mean time, our staff has endless rooms to clean, paint, repair, and apparently remove stripper poles from.  College kids suck.

On top of the chaos that is my workplace, with staff running around like crazy and vendors infiltrating like an army of worker ants, I have to do all the accounting.  And not just for my property, but our sister property as well.  That means rectifying and closing out accounts of hundreds upon hundreds of people, keeping track of who still owes me money, who I owe money to, and who needs money transferred around because they are switching units.  After I get that done, I have to then move-in and adjust all the NEW people coming to our properties on August 22, and make sure their account information looks neat & pretty upon their arrival.  That way, when Joe Schmo arrives with his folks from Podunk, TX and asks how much money they owe, any member of our staff should be able to look up their name and give them the correct answer (if I've done my job right).  I have a total of about three weeks to get all of this work done, and it's never enough time.  Next week my dear, sweet husband took the entire week off from work so he could be the primary caretaker of our kid.  I will be at the gym at the ass-crack of dawn, then in my cave of an office for about 13 hours (or longer) each day.  Needless to say, this time of year not only pisses me off because of the heat, but because I have no life.

So, that's a brief summary of why you haven't seen me on here, and why you probably won't again until the end of the month.  We Lawsons are doing well, and have taken a couple of fun excursions since I wrote last, but I'm afraid I won't have the time to get all the info up at the moment.  Thank God I type fast, or else this wouldn't have been posted, either.

I send out hugs and ice-cold A/C to all of you - two things life just isn't worth living if you don't have.  More later.  I SWEAR!  xoxo

No comments: