Cruise Countdown Tickers

Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 19

I'm still a little in shock that today is day 19 of the cleanse. Day 21 is in sight! I'm sitting here at work, having my usual breakfast ... one of these:

Followed by one of these:


I will say that since we know we're almost done, the cravings are coming on stronger than they ever have. I've been daydreaming about things like sandwiches, barbecue chicken, garlic breadsticks, fettucine alfredo, cheeseburgers, grilled cheese, PIE, parmesan Goldfish, yogurt pretzels, Frosted Flakes, Einstein's Asiago bagel with a plain shmear ... ahhhhh. All the food of the good ol' days. I promise though, I'm not going to pig out on day 22 or gorge myself on the things we've eliminated so far. And not just because I think it will make me incredibly ill, but because it's too hard to deny how good we've been feeling. Being off all that junk has felt pretty darn amazing. My sister's birthday marks the end of our cleanse, so it'll be interesting to see how my tummy tolerates her birthday dinner & a tiny piece of cake.

I've had to take the last two days off from exercising, because my right hamstring needed a rest. (Wow, was that painful.) I've been loading up on protein the past few days, as well as icing it at night, so I think I'll be in good shape to try and workout tonight.

Today I'm meeting Aaron for lunch, since we now work so close. What will be our lunch fare? Why, Veggie Heaven, of course!

It's a vegan, gluten-free dream. Tofu cooked all different ways, vegetable proteins, veggies, rice noodles, brown rice - you name it, they've got it. Added bonus? They are within walking distance of Aaron's work. Thankyouverymuch!

Looking forward to kicking day 19's butt, and heading strong into the weekend ... day 20 & 21!

Love, peace, & veggies.

1 comment:

Kyla said...

I'm so impressed by you guys!!