Cruise Countdown Tickers

Monday, September 21, 2009

The last thirteen days

Dang. Time is flying by. To quote a great man, "life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Of course, by "a great man", I meant Ferris Bueller.

Let's see, where to start. School is going great & work is going great, so that just leaves us with finding ways to keep ourselves busy until the much anticipated holiday season. Not to worry though, life throws us curveballs to keep us on our toes, and that makes the time go by quickly. For instance, another car problem came up over the past two weeks. I won't bore you with the details or the annoyances that came up along the way, but problem got fixed for $50.00 and my car is riding smooth again. Gotta love the small victories in life.

Aside from minor car trouble and minor dog trouble (the old guy is getting stiffer by the day, and no amounts of glucosamine seem to make things better - sniffle sniffle), we went to a wedding this past Saturday night. Aaron's best friend Jamie finally found the girl of his dreams, which I'm happy about, since his first wife was ... well ... not so nice.

Photobucket
The happy couple.

Photobucket
Aaron & the bride.

Photobucket
Best friends.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Aaron wandered over by the television while Zach & I were dancing.
I can't blame him - Jamie got married during the Tech game.
(FAIL Jamie!)

Photobucket
Knuckleheads.

Photobucket
He REALLY got into dancing at the reception.

This was Z's first "grown up party", as he put it, and he is hungry for more. Uh-oh. Now that the little man has gotten his first taste of what it's like to party, he can't wait to do it again. Aaron always said he could see him growing up to be the life of the party, and I must say, he fit the bill that night. It was such a truly fun, yet surreal moment when I was teaching him how to do the "YMCA" for the first time. He honestly *couldn't wait* for the chorus to come again during the song, he was having so much fun. I remember thinking when he was little that 9 months to a year was my favorite age, then I said two or three was my favorite, etc. I'll have to contradict myself yet again & say that seven is my favorite. I know, I know, I'll be writing eight is my favorite in about a year. Hey, what can I say? I'm a sucker for my kid.

Photobucket
Me & my homey.

Yesterday was "Austin Museum Day", and that meant you could go to any of 34 participating museums in town for free and rekindle your love of the arts. What a fabulous idea! We ate this up & jumped in the car to go museum-hop and see what new exhibits had been set up since the last time we did this. I didn't take many pictures, because they had Camera Nazis roaming at each one we visited, but here were the few I got:

Photobucket
From the Texas State History Museum -
I just thought it was a rad picture.

Photobucket
The Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum.

Photobucket
My personal favorite, The Blanton Museum of Art.

Photobucket
The Austin Museum of Art.

The coolest exhibit of the day? Personally, I thought it was this one, at the Blanton:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was on the ground, in a dark room, and it was a conceptual film exhibit of a man swimming. Live motion, with leaves and various debris floating in the water, like a real pool. It was wild! Looked very real, sounded real, and it was awesome to watch small kids, including my own, approach the exhibit in absolute awe. If you want to check out more about it, click here. It's called Swimmer, by Bill Lundberg, a trained painter who is also a professor at UT. Awesome.

Lastly, I've been seeing a lot more of Amy lately, which is a great thing. She's pregnant with twins, so we're stocking up on all the visiting we can cram in before the little ones arrive. Not to mention, our boys love playing together, so it's a win-win every time we go to her house.

Photobucket
Ask boys to smile, this is what you get.

Photobucket
Very proud of their block tower.

I hadn't realized until now how blindingly bright those last two photos were. Sorry for that. Either way, Amy is doing great, and is hoping she stays pregnant for 10 more weeks. That will give the twins enough lung & brain development to not have to struggle if they come early. Her doctor won't let her go past December 22, and 10 more weeks is right around my birthday, so she'd be happy with something in between. I can't wait to meet the newest (and last) additions to the Clark family!

That catches us up to this week. One last thing - I think I'm about to plunge into a new hairstyle. After 15+ years of the same thing, I'm finally going to change things up a little. Yes, I'm a dork and I'm nervous, but it's an excited nervous. But, I'll post more about that later. Like, after it's done, & with some photos. (eek!)

Three things I'm grateful for today:

1. Dancing.
2. Taking my son to the museums this weekend.
3. That my biggest problem in life is finding a new hairstyle.

Peace & pastries to everyone.

1 comment:

Bec said...

Loved the pics!

Glad yall had so much fun!

Love & miss you guys