Cruise Countdown Tickers

Friday, July 17, 2009

My end of week highlights

So, work is getting scarier by the second. Next week is when the real fun will begin, and by fun, of course, I mean crappy, overly busy 12 hour-or-more type days. But, at least I still have a job, right?

A few highlights to the end of my week -- first and foremost, my cousin Kim & his wife had their 3rd baby! Welcome to the world, James Tyler Gesch. He was born Tuesday morning, weighing in at a healthy 7lbs, 9oz. Congrats to my other Gesch family! I won't post pics of their newborn, because that might weird them out, but believe me when I say he's adorable. No, really, he is. I don't even have to lie to Kim and Kate about cute he is. That's always a relief.

We are one episode away from finishing up the Rome television series.

Photobucket

Granted, Aaron's already seen them all, multiple times, but we've been watching them at night on DVD for the past few months. Not every night, but whenever we were both alert enough to make through an hour-long program. I have to admit, it was a really good series, and I wished they had squeezed out one more season. They made the characters believable and interesting enough to become attached to, so it's a bummer to see it end.

Photobucket
I have a total schoolgirl-crush on Pullo.

But, I'll finally see how it all comes to a head tonight, when we watch the very last show. I'm actually kind of excited about it, and I'm sure Aaron never thought he'd ever hear me say that.

I'm going to the Apple store tonight. I can't think of a better way to finish off my week.

Photobucket

Ok, that might be a slight overstatement, but it's not far off. I get to browse around amongst my favorite toys in the world, as well as touch and smell the beauty that is Apple. I know I'm outing myself for the computer geek that I am, but most of you knew that already anyway. If only they would let you walk around with a beer, that would make the whole experience my nirvana. Oh, and if someone would slip me a cool $300 for an iPhone. That, too, would be rad.

Photobucket

I downloaded Paul Oakenfold's new CD, Perfecto: Vegas, and it's a gem.

Photobucket

It's old-school Oakenfold, which is always a beautiful thing. Not to mention, it's a double-CD that I bought on iTunes for $11.99! (Did I mention I heart Apple?) Anyway, it's good, solid, low-key electronica that will keep you grooving through your day. It has come in handy as background music in my office this week, and has enlightened the mood of everyone who's come in and heard it. Well done, Mr. Oakenfold.

Lastly, we had our first apple appear on our little apple tree out back!

Photobucket

We've had to dote on and baby this poor little tree for nearly a decade, but I guess our hard work & attention finally paid off. We couldn't believe it. It's looked pretty sad at times, barely making it through freezes and droughts alike, but somehow it pulled through. It's awfully rewarding to nurture something so long, and finally see it bloom. Kind of like having a kid.

I'm very much looking forward to my weekend, and the precious hours away from my office. I won't be doing much outside, since we're on our 30-something day in a row of triple-digit heat, but it'll be nice to not have to be doing anything if I don't want. I'm hoping it rains, as is the rest of central Texas, so do a little rain dance for us if you're reading this.

Things I'm grateful for today:

1. Our apple tree.
2. Apple dates.
3. My job, albeit frustrating.

Peace & pastries, to everyone. And some icy-cold air conditioning.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Love the pic about the iPhone. I too could use to have a fund for such toys...